Monday 5 January 2009

Skew(er)ed


In the comics tools blog a few weeks back, Matt put up a lil' ol' post about inking with bbq skewers (you know, the bamboo skewers in any 99c store (even in winter!)). I don't have time to find it, but just click on the left and it's a few posts down.

I finally got around to trying it. It was definitely different from a marker or a nib. It's weird using something that's not supposed to carry ink and forcing it to. It did feel a little empowering in that, oh-my-god, the-world's-gonna-end-and-we-won't-have-electricity-or-markers-any-more. Like if I was stuck on a desert island, I could use a squid and a stick and still draw comics.

That's pretty rad.

Oh, but the lettering and balloon was done with a brush, not askew(er). But I did fill in the hair and the shadows with a skewer by rubbing it on its side.

No comments:

presspermanent@yahoo.com

Thanks for checking it out!

Bookmark Aqui: