Friday 9 January 2009

Bugs Bunny Reconstruction Pencils


So if you're a total John K nerdophile like me, you know he consistently has posts about classic character construction; the basics. Lately he's had a bunch of posts on staging and followed those with a few classic comic book covers with solid, beautiful and not really complex compositions.

I tried to do one, and thought I would show the pencils. You really have to begin with the basic balls, tubes and jellybeans and build them from the ground up. I also need to practice my brush skills. Although they were a little wiggly and a little too heavy, especially with Elmer, I think it's definitely something I wouldn't have been able to a year ago.

First I have the pencils (with a smidge of ink... I started and then realized I should scan this for posterity!

No comments:

presspermanent@yahoo.com

Thanks for checking it out!

Bookmark Aqui: