Monday 18 May 2009

Come On... BE Somebody!

I got an idea for making a zine... I think it would work a lot better as a blog... but I need some help.

Have you seen those 33 1/3 series of books? Where writers talk about an album? If not, check them out... some are really cool! I want to do a similar thing, but for comics. I wanted to have different artists/writers/comic-lovers/historians, etc. write little short synopses about single panels. Nothing too long, maybe a couple paragraphs.

Ideally it would be really interdisciplanary; i.e. an artist who would analyze one of their favorite panels based on the framing, another on the inking, somebody who knows history could talk about the context of the story it is part of, maybe even a prose writer to just use it as a springboard for a piece, etc. etc.

I thought this would be great as a book (and it might) but then I thought, if it were on these here interwebs, then all involved could analyze each others' picks, making it really analytical from all sides. Maybe it can be a round robin, where a new panel is picked each week. In blog format, it would be easy to update, comment and access.

If you might be interested in this, please email me with a brief intro as to who you are, and maybe one area you would like to focus on. Or if you just like the concept, but have a suggestion or idea, please let me know: I am still brainstorming this thing out.

I think this could be a really great learning tool, and a fun project that wouldn't take a lot of time, but might be pretty popular!

No comments:

presspermanent@yahoo.com

Thanks for checking it out!

Bookmark Aqui: