Tuesday 18 March 2008

Hey Underground Metalheads!!

Aeons ago on the queermetal site, there were monthly mixtapes. And they were killer. I was a little too late to the game, but caught a couple. It was great to get introduced to new music I would otherwise never know.

The last one was a classical/new music mix and it is still something I love listening to. Maybe you'll here something you like, maybe you won't. Either way, you'll further your horizon.

I don't know how many of you are into underground, avant-garde metal... but I figured I would put this up since it's what I was doing today! Follow the link here and enjoy!:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PKNTITRW


{here's the original post:}
This is the first time I've ever made a "ZIP" file or put together a mixtape on the internet... so let me know if it doesn't work. It seems like these things are the cause of much frustration and demons. I couldn't make it any smaller, so I don't know how long it will take to download.

For this compilation, I lay heavy on clean singing. I'm really picky about clean singing in metal. Call me crazy. My general rule is if it's a hot girl or a burly guy with a goatee I probably won't like it. There are a few exceptions, but that's a good yardstick.

BUT I don't just like cookie monsters and Abruptumesque shrieking. I do like a clean song sung blue sleeping on my pillow every once in a while. And as the slush and crust of winter gives way to the spring and the insurmountable energy in the air, I decided it was time for some spring cleaning metal style! Hails!

Track listing:

1. Eisregen - "Kaltwassergrab" (these guys are huge everywhere except America, I think. The opening sounded like Spring... so there you go!)

2. Negurã Bunget - "De Piatrã" (this is from their newest album, "Om." This is what Opeth should sound like IMHO)

3. Urfaust - "I" (one of the most unique black metal bands. Operatic, gargoyle obsessed, creaking-doors-of-hell black metal)

4. Ved Buens Ende - "I Sang for the Swans" (from their only album, "Written in Waters.' Their name means "At the End of the (Rain)Bow. Amazing, prog/avant/jazz-fusion black metal supergroup. Very short-lived)

5. Bethlehem - "Schuld Uns'res Knöch'rigen Fal" (one of metal's most unique vocalists and one of my favorite bands. I love this song because it has these insane Satyricon-like crushing riffs and Marco Kehren shrieking like somebody set his face on fire. They do this inbetween these soft, ambient sections. Fuck yes!)

6. Beherit - "We Worship" (weird metaphysical black space metal from the first band to do it)

7. Verdunkeln - "In die Irre" (I know post-black metal is a term that is going to turn into the next "emo" label on any band that plays anything mid-tempo, but fuck it, just listen to this!)

8. Wongraven - "Over Ødemark (Satyr's medieval folk-style project. He could shit on a rag and I'd probably like the way it sounds. Ihsahn from Emperor helped with this album.



Their was a facedowninshit song called "Cinders" that was supposed to be on this too but it got lost somewhere along the way to the internet. If you have it crank it somewhere in there and pretend I said something about how cool facedowninshit's name is)

Hails and enjoy!

---
"Heavenly failure losing again,
Move on to a new form of life"
------Fucking Slayer

No comments:

presspermanent@yahoo.com

Thanks for checking it out!

Bookmark Aqui: