Friday 12 October 2007

Sacco and Vanzetti



I'm really proud of this. It's from a picture of Sacco and Vanzetti. I'm assuming it was taken in 1920, but if anyone knows otherwise, please let me know. They look like they are being led to a train. I drew Sacco first, and he looked a little too young, or handsome. So I tried to add more shading. But in other pictures, he looks really young and handsome! Vanzetti has this ominous shadow from his hat, but his eyes are barely visible beneath the visor.

If not physically accurate, I think this captures the mood and pride (from what I know) of the two. Thousands of people around the world marched in protest of two people essentially put to death because of their political beliefs. What are we doing right now, as the Constitution of the United States, what I would argue might be the eighth wonder of the world, is being eroded? Who will march for the people being condemned to die for their beliefs today?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OOhh! Is that Sacco on the left? He IS handsome.

presspermanent@yahoo.com

Thanks for checking it out!

Bookmark Aqui: