Saturday 27 March 2010

A HUGE DEBT OF GRATITUDE


Thank you everyone! The show is quite incredible. It is truly one of the coolest collections I've ever seen- running the gamut from heavyweights and pioneers like Milt Caniff, Will Eisner, R. Crumb and Basil Wolverton to little/un-known artists and equalizes everything into a community of comics.

It is so humbling to be a part of it!

I will post some thank you gifts and goodies here from my book. But for now I just want to extend my deepest gratitude and love to everyone who has helped me with this book, especially Tucker for his feedback and guidance, to David Wojnarowicz, and Kathy Acker and the other artists who inspire so much in me and who left us way way too soon. My Mom for helping me realize my full potential.

William Blake was and is a major inspiration for my work, but especially this book. The title is from his work, as well as the basic idea of fiction created through images. Sometimes I feel like he is the wellspring we all form out of, and like Saturn, he will devour his children one by one when we are done...

Last: especially Reginald, who I love with everything I have and am and wouldn't be anything without him.

Thanks for reading this blog every once in a while, too!

No comments:

presspermanent@yahoo.com

Thanks for checking it out!

Bookmark Aqui: