Thursday 4 September 2008

Do You Want to Know a Secret?

When going from script to panel, I create thumbnails of each page, lay it out to see all the elements, plan spacial areas and get an idea of the best areas to focus on for dialog, mood or action.

In all honesty, I'm a very sloppy planner!

I offer you a very rare glimpse into the world of planning. When I write, it's very organized, structured and thought out, but drawing feels so free that I can't make myself rigidly place every detail. This might be a future challenge... but what the heck; I'm having fun!




I actually kind of like the sparseness of this one. And the chubby legs. Oh, well now I'm embarrassed... so I hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

Liz Baillie said...

No way man your thumbnails are gorgeous works of art compared to mine! Mine are like rreally bad stick figures with the dialogue written over them and coming out of the panels and stuff. It's a total mess! No one could ever probably understand how to read them but me.

presspermanent@yahoo.com

Thanks for checking it out!

Bookmark Aqui: