Wednesday 7 October 2009

Peter Grudzien - New York Town

I am back in NY, after my battle with Pittsburgh (I think it won?). I have the perfect welcome back gift courtesy of Aesop's blog The Cosmic Hearse, which is where you should be gettin' your musical education any way.

I can't believe I've never heard of Peter Grudzien before, but it's never too late to learn to love. This is what I call music. It has tinges of Porter Wagoner at his most psychologically experimental, lyrics like Benjamin Smoke mixed with gospel or Exuma at the rapture, song structures like Jandek at his most haunting and a voice that is just uniquely his. This is what I wish Jobriath sounded like.

Thanks, Aesop! Here's New York Town!



Link

No comments:

presspermanent@yahoo.com

Thanks for checking it out!

Bookmark Aqui: